Monday, February 8, 2010

I took the road more traveled by



As I have mentioned, we live in a small city. I have outdoorsy leanings however and enjoy walking about in natural environments. There is a pond within walking distance of our house that I particularly enjoy visiting. It is a man made pond on a college campus, but it is large enough to harbor many migratory and year round birds and animals.

The only trouble with the pond is the road leading to it.







The college students sometimes seem to have finished their classes for the day and are in great haste to get on to other things. Sometimes the students seem to be in great haste to get to class on time. Always they seem to drive at stunning speed down the road that would bring me to the pond. Now, our city has installed a sidewalk. Perhaps still, I will be carried to my reward on a speeding fender, but the sidewalk makes me feel so much better, and that has made all the difference. -Polly

No comments:

Post a Comment